Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Crap Day...

Overslept.

Missed my chance to get in a work out today.  And I need it after this weekend.

Pouring rain, so:

a) stuck in miserable traffic  (why does everyone around here lose their goddamned minds as soon as it starts raining?!  it's fucking rain, people!  not ice, or napalm, or some shit!  you don't need to drive 20mph under the speed limit in the left-hand lane in order to protect your worthless excuse for a life, you miserable slow-ass twats)

b) and therefore late to work (which means I'm stuck here later tonight)

c) and got soaked by rain twice (between home and car, and between car and office - and, of course, because I was late, all the covered parking spots were taken, and the closest parking spot to my office was as far away from the building as physically possible)

Was out of the office yesterday because of Dover, so I came in this morning to find a hernia-inducing pile of work backed-up and waiting for me to finish yesterday.

Between being late this morning and this huge pile of work, there was no way I could justify leaving early to make SMART tonight, so that's my third meeting missed in the last four weeks.

I somehow managed to leave my headphones at home, so I can't listen to music or podcasts or anything else today, the way I normally do when I'm working.

All I've wanted to do, since the moment I opened my eyes this morning, is lay on my couch and play video games.

Wah.


No comments: