Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Reflections...

SMART was helpful last night.  I did my sharing close to the end of the meeting, so I didn't have a lot of time to go into it, but I still got some food for thought; new ideas and perspectives I hadn't considered.  Looking forward to going into it in more depth next week, hopefully.

Came up with this poem this morning, and I thought it was amusing:

I woke this morning
Wrapped in Luck
Discovered in the bathroom mirror
My bedhead looked fabulous
Better than my actual haircut
Like finding a $50 bill on the sidewalk
Like getting a fortune cookie
That speaks your name
And says,
"Today is going to be a Good Day."

It makes me surprisingly happy to be able to write a poem about something that isn't dark, or painful, or about some grand aspect of the human condition/affliction.  The little fluff of everyday life is just as deserving of notice, regard, reflection, contemplation, and recording for posterity as everything else, don't you think?

No comments: