Sunday, December 23, 2012

Diaspora...

We're going to spend tonight with my family.  My little brother and his girlfriend are in town, staying with my dad and stepmom, and so we're going over there in an hour or so to exchange presents, and have an early xmas dinner.

I'm looking forward to seeing my little brother, again.  I enjoyed spending the day with him at Thanksgiving, and regretted that I didn't get to see him more.  But seeing him twice in one month brings to the fore how much I miss my baby brother.  I've only seen him once in the last two years.  This is the second year in a row that I have to send his gifts to him; that I won't get to see his face when he opens them.

It'll feel really good to be with my family again tonight.  I'm really looking forward to it, and have been all week.  But I can't help but look forward even more to a time when all of us will be together again.

And I'm worried that it might not happen again.

What if the last time was really the last time?  And I didn't even know it.  I don't even remember it now.

It all just goes by so quickly.

Don't let it get away.


Merry Xmas, and Good Yule.

No comments: