Sunday, April 15, 2012

April in the Park...

Today is the warmest day of the year so far.

High was a lovely 83 degrees.  We spent our afternoon in the park.  They had a ribbon-cutting ceremony for some cherry trees they planted, to complement the ones given to us as a gift by the people of Japan in the early 1900's.  Afterwards, we watched a taiko drum performance by an amazingly talented group of middle-schoolers from Fukushima.  She took a short video with her camera phone.  Maybe I'll post it at some point.  Oh, and in a just a little while here, I'm going to have my last beer in who knows how long.  It's really been a wonderful day.

What I realize as I observe this, is the Tao of Living Contentedly.

And I think that's all I have to say about that for now.

Please enjoy yourselves this week.

No comments: