Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Blurble'd...

I really want to write something interesting and creative today, but I am literally yawning from boredom right now, and that seems to have completely sapped my energy and creativity for the time being.

I really wanted to spend a good chunk of today writing a story, but I couldn't come up with any good ideas.  I realize now that I have a problem with that.  If I have an idea, I can write the hell out of it, but if I don't have an idea, then I'm just shit out of luck.  Every once in a while, an idea will come to me, and then I can write about it.  But I can't seem to manufacture that process, or make it happen, during times like now, where I have both the time and the desire to write a story.  I just can't seem to make myself come up with ideas at will.

Any suggestions?

(Not for story ideas.  For ways to come up with story ideas.  Just to be clear.)

On the more boring end of things, I could post about my meeting last night, but I really don't feel like it.  It went well, I guess.  It's hard to judge these things.  What criteria do you use?  Obviously, if you're feeling down and it makes you feel better or not; or if you feel like you need help, and then afterwards you feel like you got that help or not.  But most of the time you're not going for those reasons.  Most of the time you're just going to do your weekly check-in, and keep the momentum going.  I didn't feel any better afterwards last night, because I didn't feel bad going in, in the first place.  I made everyone laugh a lot during my share, and that always feels good, but that seems like a really ridiculous criteria to use to determine whether a meeting was good or not.

So, I don't know.  I enjoyed myself, which is something, but I'm not sure how much, if any, it actually helped.

And now I'm literally dozing off at my keyboard.  So, I guess that's my sign that it's time to go.

Wow, this sure was a super spectacular post.

No comments: