Friday, July 20, 2012

Kickball - Week 12...

I've never been happier to lose something.

Last night was the opening round of our kickball "championships."  (In quotes because every team in the league is entered, regardless of their win-loss record.)  We lost again, of course, and that means our season is over.  So, I don't have to play kickball anymore!  I get my Thursday nights back!

And I don't have to write about kickball anymore here, either!

Still, there's one thing that I definitely got out of the experience.  Driving home last night, I realized that I had a sense of pride, accomplishment, and satisfaction.  Yeah, our team sucked real, real bad.  And yeah, it was a painful and deeply humiliating experience every week.  And yeah, I hated it more than root canals.

But I did it.

I could've walked away at any time.  But I didn't.  I came back every week, and I played as hard as I could, in every single game, for the entire season.  I never gave up, and I never quit.  No matter how much I wanted to.

And that's something.

No comments: