Monday, July 16, 2012

Plusses and Minuses...

I'm making a conscious effort to be more expressive here, and treat it more like an opportunity to be creative every day, rather than just a daily online journal.

Solve Your Equation
Simplify Your Expression
Do The Fucking Math

Mathematics makes
My mind reel in ecstasy
God's breath in my ear

The Story of X
Affects me as if it were
The Story of O

I write shitty poetry because I need to express something, but I don't have the time to write the stories that I really want.

I need to note here, briefly, how difficult this is for me to do.  I really do hate just about everything I've ever written, in any format, and it shames me terribly to be putting it out here for the whole world to see.  But at the same time, I feel that if I kept it to myself, I'd just never even bother with it in the first place.  (Because then, who would know but me, right?  Light is the best disinfectant...)  So, as humiliating as it is sometimes, it's also the very thing that helps to motivate me.

Like I said to myself last week:  It's not about Good or Bad.  It's about doing it.  Period.

I'm trying to keep that in mind, every time I cringe at posting another piece of worthless, self-indulgent, self-absorbed drivel.

No comments: