Friday, July 13, 2012

Kickball - Week 11...

We lost.

Both games.

By a lot.

And I'm sorry, folks, but I just don't have the will to go into my usual level of excruciating detail about the experience this time.  I've just got much better things to do with my life than record every particle of my humiliation here.

It stopped being funny awhile ago.

Next week is the Quarterfinals (don't take the fact that we're in the Quarterfinals as a sign of our skill at all; every team is in the Quarterfinals), and if we lose our game (which is a safe bet, to say the least), then that will be my blessedly-last game.

I whole-heartedly look forward to the sense of accomplishment I will feel at that point, as my only reward for these weeks and months of embarrassment and sacrifice.  Hell, I may even join everyone else at the League Happy Hour afterwards, for once.

No comments: