Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Candles...

This has been a pretty hard year for you, I know.

And I know I haven't made it any easier.

I don't know if I'm your rock anymore, or if you're mine.  But I know that somehow, we're holding each other up.  Hanging in there, together.  For one more year.

One more year.  And it wasn't all bad.  Not at all.  In the end, when you think about it, in most ways things are actually better for you now than a year ago.  And I think you deserve to enjoy that; to feel proud of what you've accomplished this year.

I wish I had more to give you.  A better way to say, "I'm proud of you."

"I'm inspired by your strength."

"I love you."

I'd fulfill your heart's every secret desire, today and every day, if I had one wish.  But wishes are fairytales, for princesses locked in lost towers.  And I'm no Prince Charming.

But I am your White Knight.

And I always will be.

I can't do it for you; I can't give you everything you deserve.  But I'll keep you safe, and warm, and comfortable, and take care of the things you need, to give you a life as free of fetters as I can make it; to give you the room you need to make that life for yourself.

And I can give you today.

You so deserve it.

It's your day.

Take it.

Run with it.

What do you want to do?

No comments: