Thursday, June 21, 2012

Attack Of The Blurble...

Ok, so, got my computer back, and spent all night setting it up.  Naturally, the System Restore crashed.  (I used Microsoft's built-in Backup/Restore this time.  This is the 3rd backup/restore method I have tried over the years, and not one of them has ever worked correctly.)  About 65-70% of my settings/files/programs restored correctly.  So, still some work to do, but nowhere near as much as there could've been.  Thankful for even the small victories right now.

Speaking of small victories, I'd been prepared for playing kickball tonight in the middle of the brutal heat wave we're having right now, but then this morning they canceled the game.  Apparently, a whole lot of people weren't going to bother playing in this heat.  So, hurray for that.  Not only because I won't have to play - or play in this heat - but also because I have a ton of other work to do tonight to get ready for our vacation this weekend, and I wasn't relishing the idea of having to do all of that around nine o'clock tonight when I finally got home from playing a game out in near-110 degree temps all evening.

And speaking of our vacation at our mountain forest cabin this weekend, I'm so happy to have my laptop back!  Means we'll be able to listen to our music, and, most importantly, I'll be able to get a bunch of writing done.  My plans are to spend as much of the weekend as possible writing, meditating, eating, and having sex.  Those are my only priorities for the next three days.  Definitely not going to suck to be me this weekend.

No wifi at the cabin, though, so don't expect to hear anything from me until at least Sunday.

And I keep forgetting about the fact that this will be my first ever trip to the cabin spent entirely sober.  I never would've even considered going up there before without at least something to drink or smoke.  Now I'm actually looking forward to it, and the fact that I'll be sober is an almost-overlooked afterthought.  Is that progress?

I hope you all enjoy your weekends half as much as I'm planning to enjoy mine.

No comments: