Friday, June 15, 2012

Kickball - Week 8...

Half our team didn't even show up this week.  (And, honestly, I can't blame them.  We're the worst team in the league, by far.  Every other team has beat us, some of them twice.  We're the only team out there every week that doesn't at least have a shot at winning.)  If one more player hadn't shown up, we wouldn't have had enough to officially play, and would've had to forfeit.  And the other team (2nd best in the league) had a full roster.

As you can imagine, we never had a chance.

POSITION:

          -the upside of having so few players show up was that I got to do more this game
          -I covered center field and 2nd base, so I got to move around a lot more
          -still never saw any action, though - everyone kicked right or left, and there was never a play at
           2nd base

AT THE PLATE:

          -again, because of the light roster, I got to do more at the plate - I kicked an unprecedented
           four times this game
          -three of them were easy pop-outs, and one was a walk - at least I got on base this time
          -for those keeping score (me), that's 8 easy pop-outs out of my last 9 kicks - I do alright in
           practice, but then I can't seem to repeat the same thing in the game, and I don't know why -
           I'm not nervous at all up there, honestly, so it's not like I'm choking - I don't get it!

FINAL:

          -I stopped counting when they hit double-digits

INJURIES:

          -actually managed to get in a workout this time, with all the running around and extra kicking
           and stuff
          -but I'm getting used to it, so no injuries or anything - wasn't even sore afterwards
          -oh, wait! - I did manage to somehow pull an ab muscle trying to catch a pop-fly in practice -
           no idea how that works

No comments: