Thursday, June 14, 2012

Vow...

I Love you.
More than I ever thought I could Love anything.
I will never stop Loving you.
I COULD never stop Loving you.
And, as sure as I am that the Sun does not shine on my world
without your permission,
I am sure that I want you
to be the last thing I ever see.
I want your voice to be the last thing I ever hear,
and I want your hand holding mine
to be the last thing I ever feel.

And if you would consent to hold me,
even only as my last breath whispered from me,
then I will vow to protect you
from anything and everything that threatens or disturbs you;
to worship you
as if you were the god who gave me life, breath, and soul;
to adore you
as the most beautiful,
the most sexy,
the most compassionate,
the most Loving,
the most brilliant,
and the most magnificent woman that the Gods have ever seen fit
to grace our world with.
And I will vow to Love you
more than any person before or after us
has ever been able to do.

You are Light,
Life,
and Love to me,
and you ALWAYS will be.

+   +   +

I confess, as the years have passed, I haven't done a very good job of living up to this oath.

You should hold me to it.

Please hold me to it.

This is who I want to be.

This is who I thought I was.

Help make me this man.

Let me be him, again, for you.

No comments: