Friday, June 1, 2012

Kickball - Week 6...

One of the most humiliating experiences of my adult life.  (And I only say "my adult life," because my childhood was basically just one, long, extended humiliating experience.)

POSITION:

          -played 2nd base in both games, which was certainly an improvement over the outfield

          -still dropped both balls that came near me

          -only other action I saw was one throw to my base, where the shortstop (who is also our
           coach) ran over to try and catch the ball a foot in front of me - guess he didn't have much
           confidence that I'd be able to catch it myself - and who could blame him - oh, and he dropped
           the ball

AT THE PLATE:

          -got two base-hits out of five at-bats - hardly a stellar record - never got farther than 2nd base

FINAL:

          -we lost both games

          -we lost the first game by double-digits - worst score of the season so far for us - it was just
           one error after another - two of our best players didn't even show up until halfway through the
           first inning - at one point, someone on the other team actually scored an inside-the-park
           home run (that's a new one!) because we kept making error after error trying to get him out - I
           was just glad when that one was over

          -second game we played against the team we tied last time - we played this game hard - we
           played our asses off - we played with heart - we were already exhausted, but we really
           wanted this win - we kept the score really tight the whole game, made only a couple of errors,
           and had a good shot to win - in the bottom of the last inning, down by one run, I basically lost
           the game for our team - yeah, that feels good

INJURIES:

          -feel like I drove my left hip up into my fucking shoulder

          -my shins feel like Freddy Krueger is using them to play a fucking harp solo

          -I hurt real bad

No comments: