Thursday, August 9, 2012

Do You Agree To Keep Silent?...

The IOT's Annual Grand Meeting, our worldwide get together, is coming back to the US this year, and my local Temple (such that it is - it pretty much dissolved after I stepped down) is once again in charge of hosting it.

It's just a couple of weeks away now, and I'm really excited about it, and really looking forward to it.  But I've also got some serious concerns.  And I've been turning them over and over again in my mind rather obsessively for a couple of months now, with greater and greater urgency as the date approaches.

And I wanted to write about those concerns here.  That's the "something important that I very much want to write about" from my post yesterday.  But I'm only just now realizing, as I sit down to finally write about them, that I actually can't write about them.  At least not here, publicly.

I can talk about what the IOT is, but I can't talk about what it does.  I can talk about the things that I do at IOT meetings, but I can't talk about anything anyone else does (unless I get their permission first), and I can't talk about the things that go on at meetings in general.  And it's all of those things that I'm concerned about, and all of those things that I want to write about, and all of those things that I can't talk about.

Well, technically, I could, but it would be a violation of my Oaths, and so I really, really don't want to.  It'd be a huge violation of trust, and would make me feel like piece of shit, and just isn't worth the little bit of catharsis I would get out of it.

Sorry for the teaser.

No comments: