Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The First Rule of Smart Club...

Serious drama at the SMART meeting last night.  And, of course, I can't talk about it at all.  But I felt like mentioning it anyways, just to annoy my tiny audience.  (Sorry, guys.)  What I can say, is that there was a new guy there (which made my sharing about the AGM interesting, let me tell you - it was hard enough to talk about that in front of the people I've gotten to know there over the past few months - it was seriously nerve-wracking to try and talk about it in front of a total stranger), and after the meeting he came up to me and started gossiping at me about the moderator.  And so now I'm all, fuck, why did you tell me that??  I don't want to be in the middle of this shit.

I started writing up my AGM post, but I just now realized that I can't actually post a lot of what I've written, as it contains descriptions of things that went on there that I am oath-bound to keep secret.  So, once I finish writing it all up (whenever the fuck that will be), I'm going to have to go back and edit the fuck out of it to make it safe for posting.

In other news, I have recently become obsessed with old-school, turn-based RPG video games, like the ones I used to play when I was a kid.  They are just so goddamned satisfying!  Enter dungeon.  Kill monsters.  Collect XP and Gold.  Level-up and buy better equipment.  Repeat.

Yes!  Yes, I will repeat!!

I downloaded an emulator for one I played the fuck out of on my old Mac II when I was about 14, and installed it on my laptop - Wizardry:  Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord - fuck yeah!  And I've been playing a demo of the latest version of the Wizardry franchise for PS3 (Labyrinth of Lost Souls), and have been enjoying that waaay more than is warranted by its anime-themed foolishness.  Whenever I've got a few minutes to kill, I whip out my phone and play some Gurk, a classic 8-bit RPG.  And I've been proper geeked lately over Penny Arcade's 16-bit On The Rain Slick Precipice Of Darkness, Episode 3.  Not only is it really fun to play, and totally satisfying to my 14 year-old inner gamer, but it's also funny as all hell.  I honestly get sad if I don't get a chance to play it in a given day.

Ok, that's all the meaningless bullshit I have time to spew forth for today.  Thanks for giving enough of a shit to read it.

No comments: