Thursday, May 3, 2012

Kickball - Week 2...

Had a lot more players on both teams this week.  Thought that would make more of a difference than it actually did.

POSITION:

          -"Other" Left Field (so many players, we had to double up in the field; at least I wasn't Right
            field again)
          -my boss kicked a pop-fly straight to me, and I totally could've caught it, if it hadn't been falling
           directly out of the Sun.  I was so blinded, I couldn't judge the distance between myself and the
           ball in the slightest.  As a result, I completely missed it, the ball hit the ground in front of me,
           and then bounced over my head.  The guy who was playing "Actual" Left Field had to get it for
           me.  As a result of my error, my boss got a standing double, and eventually scored.

AT THE PLATE:

          -pop-fly, out
          -base hit (made it to third base on the next two kicks, but then we got our 3rd out to end the
           inning just as I was running home; so I got to hurt myself running all the bases, but never
           actually got to score a run.)

FINAL:

          -we actually won - and by more than we lost last week!  I'm still not entirely sure how that
           happened.

INJURIES:

          -My entire right leg is basically fucked:
                    -shin splints
                    -sore hip joint
                    -pulled thigh muscle (back of the thigh, above the knee - is this the hamstring?)

No comments: